PLEASE NOTE: UNFORTUNATELY, JUST WALK WILL NOT BE RUNNING IN 2019
INFORMATION FOR 2018 EVENT:
Taking place right in the middle of National Walking Month, Just Walk starts and finishes from the dramatic
backdrop of Goodwood Racecourse, in Chichester, West Sussex. All of the routes are circular, and take on the
rolling hills and landscape of the West Sussex Countryside including sections of the South Downs National Trail
on most routes.
If you’ve got more than 10 people interested in taking part, we offer great discounts on group bookings!
Contact Just Walk HQ for more information at [email protected] or 01297 300504.
Unfortunately, much as we love dogs here at Just Walk HQ, we are unable to have dogs
at the event or at Goodwood Racecourse. An exception is given for Assistance Dogs.
Due to the terrain, we are sorry but the walking routes are unsuitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs
Taking place on:
What makes Just Walk such a great walking event is that we offer such variety of distances that you can
choose from, so there is a distance to suit every fitness level or goal.
- 60km (over 16’s only) – £80
- 45km (over 16’s only)-
- 35km (over 16’s only) –
- 25km over 14’s – £30
- 25km under 14’s – £15
- 10km over 14’s – £15
- 10km under 14’s – £7.50
WHAT IS PROVIDED FOR YOUR EVENT FEE
- Full event pack with everything you need to prepare for the event
- Event newsletters with all the latest event plans and reminders throughout the build up to the event
- Training advice for your walking route
- Fundraising tips to help you maximise raising money for your charity
- JUST WALK advice and info on the website and at the end of the phone
- Fully signed routes so you don’t need to read a map!
- Fully qualified medical support teams throughout the routes and lots of TLC from our staff
- Complete safety back up
- Checkpoints along the route with drinks, snacks, logistical and medical support, big smiles and
- Hot drinks at the start (All routes)
- Hot breakfast at the start (35km, 45km and 60km only)
- Sandwich lunch given out on route (All routes EXCEPT the 10km)
- Hot soup for the 45km walkers and hot meal for the 60km walkers served on route.
- Hot snack at the finish for the 45km and 60km walkers
- Celebratory drink at the finish line (All routes)
- JUST WALK Medal given out when you finish (All routes)
- JUST WALKED certificates emailed to you after the event (All routes)
When you register you pay the event fee direct to us.
All the money you then raise you can give directly to your chosen charity – there are no extra costs.
Saturday 12th May 2018
- 06:30 – Sign-in opens for the 60km, 45km AND 35km walkers. Please allow
yourself plenty of time to get to the venue.
- 07:30 – Sign-in closes for the 60km, 45km and 35km walkers. All walkers will need to gather
at 07:50 for the JUST WALK opening ceremony with full safety briefing and warm-up getting you
prepared for the start.
- 08:00-08:15 – JUST WALK 60km, 45km and 35km routes start.
- 08:30 – Sign-in opens for the 25km and 10km walkers. Please allow yourself plenty of time
to get to the venue.
- 09:40 – Sign-in closes for 25km and 10km walkers. All walkers will need to gather at 09:45
For the JUST WALK opening ceremony with full safety briefing and warm-up getting you prepared for
- 10:00-10:15 – JUST WALK 25km and 10km routes start
- From 11:15 – Big cheers all round as the first expected 10km and walkers return back
to finish at the racecourse.
- From 13:00 – Big cheers all round as we expect the first 25km and 35km & walkers to
return back to finish at the racecourse
- From 14:00 – Big cheers all round as we expect the first 45km walkers to return back to
finish at the racecourse
- From 18:00 – Big cheers all round as the first expected 60km walkers
return back to finish at the racecourse.
Sunday 13th May 2018
- 01:00 – Although there is no time limit for either walk, this
is the time that we expect the final walkers to cross the line after 60km of endurance walking. To
walk this distance is undoubtedly a huge achievement.
Walkers will be returning from the 60km route throughout the evening and into the night. These walkers
will have put in a huge effort and will need a massive amount of encouragement and support, so we
welcome all who wish to stay and support fellow walkers over the finish line.
No matter what route you are doing why not get your family and friends to come and see you cross the
finish line and give you a big cheer on your achievement.